Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Preparing for Fall in New England

I've started to unpack my Christmas stock from last year. Before we know it we will be in the midst of the Christmas rush! Here is an angel that I created last year. I have a few left from last year and although I haven't decided what to charge - I know they will be less than I sold them last year. These angels are each one of a kind. They can be either a table decoration or a tree top angel. They are crafted out of fabric and then finished with stiffy to create a lasting finish.
These angels are a lot of work and I'm not sure I will be making any this year.










It doesn't seem possible that summer is almost over? At this time of year we are never ready to let it go. We never seem to get enough of the summer. Fall in New England is beautiful and the cool crisp weather is refreshing but we are sorry to say goodby to summer.
Here is a fall wreath for sale in my Etsy shop.
Here is the link to my web page, kindly visit to see my other creations http://www.angelsneverlastings.com




I have the good fortune to live on the East Coast so last week I took the opportunity to spend a day at Rockport, Ma. It is one of my favorite coastal spots in this area. I walked the beach and collected some interesting tidbits. Here's a picture of my finds
-- broken seashells, bits of seaglass, and if you look closely you will see there are some bits and pieces of imprinted pottery that washed up on the beach. I will be using these soon in one of my seashell embellished creations.








Here are a few pictures I took while at Rockport. Enjoy!



9 comments:

  1. pretty angel! and I still really love that wreath! I totally listened to Christmas music today! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your angels are just lovely! I love your Rockport photos! What a beautiful place, I would love to see it someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I joined Etsy in March. It was still Spring. I cannot believe that we are now talking about Christmas...but it is coming. Your work is beautiful. I like that Angel, very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your angel! What a blessing to live by the water. So beautiful.

    ♥♥♥
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will be on the east coast soon. I look forward to finding some sea glass while we are there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures. I'm so jealous. Your angel would look great on top of a tree :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fall wreath is so beautiful!! Blessings Niki xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love fall and getting ready for Christmas - but no Christmas music yet!

    ReplyDelete