It's been a while. I guess I have been busy elsewhere. It's 2014! What does this new year hold. New years are great because it's a time to clear the slate and start anew. We look back at our year, make adjustments for the future and then we should forget about our mistakes and failings and look ahead with great hope and resolve for the year ahead. This year I plan to put my Etsy shop on the back burner and focus on my walk with the Lord and how I can be a blessing to others.
The scripture art above is from Google Graphics on Etsy
The above printable scripture is from Amen Printables on Etsy
Let's face it -- my time is limited. I work a part time job outside the home, attend church 2 nights a week along with Sunday morning and night. Something has to go. Looking back over 2013, I feel that my time has been compromised and at times, I have been called to other things when I wanted to be working on my items for my shop. It has been a tug of war for my time.
Bible verse art above by Branch and Vine Prints on Etsy
Here is my 3 point focus for 2014:
1. Spend quality time with the Lord each day.
2. Focus on helping others -- by expanding and leading our church food and clothing ministry.
I have been involved with this ministry but I am realizing that it needs much more time.
3. Diversify my blog -- making my posts not so single-minded. Post about other things that are important to me like my family, and what the Lord is doing in my life.
Will I return at some point to focus on my Angels-n-Everlastings Etsy shop? Who knows.
For now I am tired and unmotivated and I am bored with everything in my shop.
So, I think I will give it away - at least some of it. Here is a good listing to start with:
|Beach Seashell Wreath|
1. Follow this blog if you haven't already.
2. Leave a comment. Tell me what you plan on focusing on in 2014.
Entries close at midnight on 1/17. A winner will be chosen some time that weekend.